Bareknuckle Books publishes daring new literary writing by the most exciting authors working today. We are a independent press and therefore offer only a limited number of titles per year. Each of these titles is approached with the care and devotion writers should expect from their publisher as their art is edited and prepared for market publication.
Several times throughout the year Bareknuckle Books opens for general submissions.
Before submitting your hard work to BKB please spend a bit of time getting to know us.
- Read the literature we love to publish at our open access humanities journal BAREKNUCKLE POET.
- Join us at our Facebook page
- Follow us on Twitter
Bareknuckle Books is currently OPEN for submissions.
For our 2017 publishing schedule we are considering
- Short Story Collections
- Fiction (Novels, Novellas)
- Creative Nonfiction ~ Memoir, Gonzo work etc.
- Scholarly Works ~ Exegeses, Philosophy, Cultural Theory.
Below is the information we require to consider your submission properly
1. A covering letter that includes the following:
- A little about yourself and your writing.
- A literary CV (places of previous publication etc.).
- Information outlining your ability to help Bareknuckle Books promote your proposed book (social network activity).
- Your contact details
2. A Sample of your work
- Poetry: We expect that you have had at least 30-50% of your manuscript previously published in literary journals, newspapers, etc. Please send a sample of 15-20 poems. Include a mix of previously published and unpublished. Clearly label the published poems (Journal, Issue #, Date of publication).
- Short Stories/Novellas: Please send a selection of your short stories (3-5) and the first 10, 000 words of your novella.
- Novels (Fiction/Nonfiction): Please provide us with the first 10, 000 words or three chapters (non consecutive is fine).
- If you are intending to submit scholarly work please contact us first at info(@)bareknucklebooks.com and we will enter into dialogue with you about your proposed publication.
3. A Stamped self-addressed envelope for the return of your manuscript.
We take all possible care beyond that of Australia Post with your manuscript, however we accept no responsibility for any loss and/or damage. Please send COPIES only of your work, do NOT send originals.
We do not accept submissions via email.
The Submissions Editor
PO Box 5009
West End Qld 4101
Due to time constraints and the volume of submissions it take us about six (6) months to properly assess your manuscript and either respond or return your work.